Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 2

Today kind of sucked. Kind of. I have to admit to being quite cranky. Which I understand is part of the whole detoxification process. But man, I felt like snapping at everyone, and it was hard to keep myself in check.
Tomorrow will probably be the worst of the bad days, and then I expect it to get better. I just need to remember to be gentle with myself. The brain psychology is amazing, because I would have given anything to have dairy today, or meat even. My brain was trying to talk me into it. My will power over came it, but it was tough. I also started rationalizing why, after 3 weeks I would be done with this crap and go back to my old life and blah blah blah. I have to remember that I am doing this for bigger reasons than to cave in.
It's not just for 3 weeks. I mean, the vegan part is, but until I wrap my brain around why I *should* be, then I think I will be easing into this new lifestyle.
I do know that I need to start movin and groovin more. I'm not exercising enough and that needs to change, immediately.
I haven't had time to meditate. I didn't get a chance to do any yoga.
Baby steps right? Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Be gentle on yourself :) I've done the cleanse a couple times now, and keep learning each time. I'm not sure I'm the vegan type...but I can restrict my meat to what hubby brings home, organic items, and just less of it in general. I've already made huge changes but there is always room for more improvement...and yes, exercise is a good thing. I didn't drop any weight in three weeks, but I dropped two sizes.

    ReplyDelete